New interactive exhibit creates colorful experiences for Guests of all ages!
My son and I had the opportunity to attend the dedication of Colortopia presented by Glidden at Epcot last week. After being part of the dedication, we explored the highly interactive, 3700+ square foot exhibit in INNOVENTIONS. The exhibit and experience made our lives a lot more colorful! Expect to spend around 30 minutes exploring Colortopia, unless you’re like us and go through it multiple times.
Colortopia allows guests to encounter exciting interactions that bring to life color theory, the the psychology of color and the perception of color, all while engaging users in fun and surprising hands-on activities.
Colortopia is set up in the following three unique zones:
“The Power of Color” is a standing theatre featuring a short presentation exploring the psychology of color. Get ready to be immersed in a full spectrum of colors.
- Color Mix ‘n Match – an interactive game that allows Guests to mix red, green and blue to create bold new colors.
- Spinning Spectrums – teaches Guests about the persistence of vision through painted spinning discs. Here Guests can try to guess what color their eyes will perceive once the multi-colored discs start to spin quickly.
“Color Our World” is a fun place to play with color shadows. Guests also receive a magic paint brush and then move to an interactive studio so they can bring the world around them to life with personal color choices.
For some extra colorful fun, make sure to download the Colortopia by Glidden Paint Mobile App. We were able to add our murals from the interactive studio and use throughout Epcot!
The Colortopia experience extends beyond the exhibit with the Colortopia mobile app and website. The palette of options include:
- In-Park Mobile Interaction – Play an interactive color-matching game that responds to the illuminated walls of the pavilion itself, or save your colorful murals created in “Color Our World”.
- World Showcase Color Palette – The Colortopia app unlocks Glidden paint color palettes as Guests travel around the World Showcase at Epcot. By collecting and saving the unique Glidden paint palettes inspired by each country within the World Showcase, Guests can bring home color inspiration from their vacation and use in their own homes.
- Bring a World of Color Home – The app enables users to photograph and digitally paint their own home spaces and décor using unique Glidden paint color palettes inspired by each country within World Showcase at Epcot as well as 96 other Glidden colors.
- Grab Color Inspiration From a Photo – With just a click, the app can match colors from photos from users’ mobile device camera or photo library with the closest shades from the Glidden palette. Users can also colorize their personal photos with a range of vivid palettes.
My 7 year old son gave the exhibit and colorful experience two thumbs up! I agree with him whole heartedly. We highly recommend you visit Colortopia presented by Glidden!
* Disclosure: My family attended a media event at Epcot, no additional compensation has been received.