Christmas at Disney World is beautiful, but add Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party (MVMCP) into the mix and you have pure Disney magic. My family has gone to MVMCP six years in a row, it has become a holiday tradition! We look forward to this yearly after-hours event, it puts us into a festive mood. There is nothing like singing Christmas carols while riding some favorite attractions!
What can you expect at MVMCP?
Upon entering the Magic Kingdom, party-goers receive a MVMCP wrist band so they can gain access to all the party has to offer. Keep in mind, this event requires a hard ticket so daily Magic Kingdom park guests cannot stay and enjoy the festivities (they will be exiting).
Make sure to grab a MVMCP brochure which outlines all the festivities, maps out holiday treat locations, highlights special show times, etc. This map will be your ultimate MVMCP guide (click photos to enlarge).
Fill your sweet tooth with complimentary holiday cookies, hot chocolate, apple slices and apple juice. Look for the inflated candy canes that indicate a treat location.
There is so much Disney magic wrapped inside MVMCP! Grab your tickets early because this party always sells out!
Why MVMCP versus a regular day at the Magic Kingdom?
Below are the special festivities MVMCP guests experience:
- Queen Elsa’s transformation of Cinderella Castle into a glittering ice palace
- Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade, complete with a special appearance by Santa Claus
- An exclusive holiday fireworks extravaganza — “Holiday Wishes: Celebrate the Spirit of the Season”
- Live entertainment featuring Disney characters, including the “Celebrate the Season” musical stage show
- Meet and greet opportunities with favorite Disney characters throughout Magic Kingdom
- Character dance parties
- Complimentary cookies, apple slices and hot cocoa (apple juice is also available upon request)
- A magical snow fall on Main Street, U.S.A.
- Holiday performances by the acclaimed contemporary a capella group VoicePlay in Tomorrowland
- Many popular Magic Kingdom attractions open for family-friendly fun
Purchase your tickets in advance, this party has become a holiday tradition for Disney lovers!
For additional information, visit the official Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party page.
* Disclosure: My family attended a MVMCP media event at the Magic Kingdom, no additional compensation has been received.