IKEA ORLANDO ANNOUNCES FOURTH “BYOF DAY,” A NATIONWIDE IN-STORE EVENT FOR IKEA FANS AND THEIR FRIENDS
On March 7th, IKEA Orlando Fans Will Enjoy Free Food, Discounts, In-store Activities, Other Perks to Share with Their Friends
On March 7, 2015, IKEA Orlando will host its fourth BYOF (Bring Your Own Friends) Day, a national* in-store event that offers IKEA fans and their friends a special shopping experience, which includes exclusive deals, in-store activities and giveaways. The day is designed as a special reward for IKEA loyalists and their friends and this year IKEA FAMILY members get even more perks!
Consumers can visit IKEA-USA.com/BYOF to RSVP and create a custom invitation asking friends to join them on BYOF Day and learn about special offers in-store on event day. For each RSVP, IKEA will make a one dollar donation to Save the Children’s Early Steps to School Success program (up to $50,000).
“BYOF Day was born before IKEA had a loyalty program as a way to reward our loyal fans,” says Kendra Ferguson, IKEA Orlando Public Relations. “Together, BYOF and our loyalty program, IKEA FAMILY, have grown and this year they will join. BYOF is now a special day for our loyal IKEA FAMILY members. Our coworkers also look forward to BYOF Day every year; it’s really an exciting day in the store.”
BYOF Day participants can look forward to the following in-store offerings:
- Food Freebies: Friends love to bond over food, and IKEA makes it even easier on BYOF Day with coupons for free breakfast (and free coffee for IKEA FAMILY members!). Foodies can take advantage of $5 off $25 at the Swedish Food Market with coupon and enjoy buy one get one free desserts with coupon. Free food samples will also be a part of the day. Check our local store name BYOF agenda for more details.
- Free Blue Bags: Redeem a coupon for a free IKEA blue bag during this shopping event. The quintessential large, reusable bag is flexible, lightweight and easy to clean. It’s an ideal companion to transport anything from groceries to laundry to a new LED lamp from IKEA!
- Big Discounts: This year, IKEA FAMILY members can save even more. See www.IKEA-USA.com/Orlando for more details.
- Knowledge on the Go!: Learn How to Create the Bedroom of your Dreams, Organize your Bathroom in Minutes, and Furnish with Light at IKEA Orlando! IKEA experts will be hosting interesting workshops throughout the day covering a variety of topics. Check our IKEA Orlando BYOF agenda for more details.
- FAMILY FIKA – Knowledge on the go IKEA FOOD style FIKA is Swedish for “coffee break.” Traditionally, this is a time for one to take a small break with friends, colleagues or family and enjoy some coffee with something such as cookies, candy, or baked goods. Check your IKEA Orlando’s BYOF agenda for details.
- Scan to Win – IKEA FAMILY members will have a chance to win one of two $250 IKEA gift cards when their member card is scanned at an in-store kiosk or at the point of sale. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
- Follow the Fun – Follow @IKEAOrlando on Twitter, to join in the fun. Share your day with IKEA fans across the country by using the #IKEABYOF hashtag!
Beyond this one-day special event, IKEA shoppers can continue to get more out of each IKEA store visit by becoming an IKEA FAMILY member. The free membership includes perks like special discounts, gift card giveaway entries with each purchase, free coffee and tea in the IKEA Restaurant, and more. On BYOF Day, shoppers will have the opportunity to sign up for the free, ongoing rewards program.
Since its 1943 founding in Sweden, IKEA has offered home furnishings of good design and function at low prices so the majority of people can afford them. There are currently more than 360 IKEA stores in 46 countries, including 40 in the U.S. IKEA has been ranked in FORTUNE’s annual “100 Best Companies to Work For” list, Working Mother magazine’s annual list of “100 Best Companies for Working Mothers” and Training magazine’s annual “Top 100.” IKEA incorporates sustainability into day-to-day business and supports initiatives that benefit children and the environment. For more news from IKEA, connect with us on Facebook (facebook.com/IKEAUSA) and follow us on Twitter (@IKEAUSA), Pinterest (http://pinterest.com/IKEAUSA/) and Instagram (Instagram.com/IKEAUSA).
*IKEA Tempe and IKEA Portland will not be participating in BYOF Day.