Disclosure: I received an Energizer Family Safety Kit to help facilitate my blog, no additional compensation was received.
It’s almost November 3rd, which means we will be changing our clocks back from Daylight Saving Time. It’s also that time of year when Energizer, the International Association of Fire Chiefs, and fire departments nationwide join forces for the Change Your Clock Change Your Battery® program to raise awareness of the importance of working smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors in helping to keep families safe in their homes. This is the 26th year for the annual program and the message is still an important one.
Did you know, thirty-eight percent of fatal fire injuries occur in homes with no smoke alarms, while 24 percent occur in homes in which at least one smoke alarm is present but fails to operate, frequently due to dead or missing batteries.*
I am pleased to partner with Energizer to spread this life-saving reminder! Please remember to change the batteries in your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors when you set your clocks back – it could help save a life.
One lucky reader is going to win a Family Safety Kit (worth approximately $60) complete with a reusable grocery tote containing:
- One 16-pack Energizer® MAX® AA Batteries years
- One 1-pack of Energizer® MAX® 9 volt batteries
- One Energizer® Weatheready® LED Safety Light flashlight – Waterproof flashlight powered by AA, AAA or C cell batteries
- One Kidde Battery-Operated Combination Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarm
Enter the Rafflecopter below!
How Can YOU Get Involved?
From now through November 3, visit the Energizer Bunny® Facebook page and click on the Fire Safety Info Tab. Here you will have the chance to enter a sweepstakes to win an additional Family Safety Kit. Energizer will be giving away one Family Safety Kit per day. Contained in the kit, valued at more than $167 is:
- One reusable grocery tote
- Two Kidde Battery-Operated Combination Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarms
- One Kidde fire extinguisher
- One 4-pack of Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA batteries
- One 2-pack of Energizer® MAX® 9 volt batteries
- One 4-pack of Energizer® MAX® AA batteries
- Two Energizer Weatheready® LED Safety Light flashlights
- One Energizer Bunny® Plush Bunny
In addition you can find fire safety tips, a home escape plan that you can download and draw your family’s home escape plan, as well as a coloring and activity sheet.
The Change Your Clock Change Your Battery®program is just one of the ways Energizer brings to life the company’s commitment to making a positive impact in communities across the country. that’s positivenergy™ For more information, please visit energizer.com/change and facebook.com/energizerbunny.