Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party (MNSSHP) is the sweetest event in Central Florida. This family-friendly celebration is located inside the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida and has become our tradition. We recently attended our seventh consecutive year, so I wanted to share tips to make your MNSSHP experience amazing.
- Tickets: MNSSHP requires a separate event ticket and is held on select nights from 7 pm to midnight. This party is popular and sells out quickly, so purchase your tickets in advance. Guests may visit Disneyworld.com/Halloween for party dates and prices, or call 407-W-DISNEY.
- Weather: Rain or shine, MNSSHP will go on! With that said, be prepared and plan accordingly. Also, remember Florida Fall weather is still hot and humid. Stay hydrated and be prepared to carry your child’s costume because it may be too hot to wear.
- MNSSHP Guide: Grab and study the guide as you enter the Magic Kingdom, it contains all the important information you will need throughout the evening (Entertainment Schedule, Treat Locations, Dining Options as well as Open Attractions).
- Candy Coma: Guests receive specially designed bags to trick-or-treat throughout the Magic Kingdom! You will receive high quality candy as well as special edition Cauldron Skittles and Halloween Mix Starbursts. If you’ve been to MNSSHP in the past, note that some treat locations have changed. Check the MNSSHP Guide which highlights the Trick-or-Treat locations. Also remember, Disney is very generous with their candy and your loot bag can become heavy. If you have a stroller, it will come in handy for transporting sweets.
- Allergy-Friendly Options: If a family member has allergies, see a cast member or visit one of two Allergy-Friendly Centers to receive a teal treat bag (the official color of food allergy awareness). Guests with a teal treat bag will have a special trick or treat experience. Instead of receiving candy at Treat Locations, they will receive a token which can be redeemed at an Allergy-Friendly Center for special treats.
- Experience the Entertainment: Don’t miss the extra special entertainment such as Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular, Mickey’s “Boo-To-You Halloween Parade”, Celebrate The Magic, Happy Hallowishes as well as Special Disney Character Appearances. The Entertainment schedule is outlined on your MNSSHP guide.
- Speciality Merchandise: Exclusive MNSSHP themed merchandise is available at the Emporium, Box Office Gifts, Mickey’s Star Traders, and Big Top Souvenirs.
- Speciality Foods: Don’t miss out on spook-tacular offerings created specially for the season such as Creepy Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches, Spider Cupcakes and Worms & Dirt, Candy Corn Soft-serve Ice Cream, and Pumpkin Spiced Cupcakes.
- Make Your Night Even Sweeter: Guests can purchase tickets to a special dessert party taking place during MNSSHP, the Happy HalloWishes Dessert Party. Here, guests can indulge in decadent desserts, a buffet of sweet treats and specialty non-alcoholic beverages and will receive preferred viewing for the 8:30 p.m. performance of Mickey’s “Boo-too-You” Halloween Parade, as well as preferred viewing for the Happy HalloWishes Fireworks Spectacular. For dates, prices and to make reservations for the dessert party, guests may call 407/939-5262.
- Make Sweet Memories: Enjoy your time at the party and make sweet memories with your loved ones.
As mentioned above, the MNSSHP guide contains all the information you need to have a Boo-tiful celebration.
Disclosure: My family attended a Disney media event, no additional compensation has been received.