For Day 20 of #30DaysOfCaring, it’s all about Locks of Love. This public non-profit organization provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children in the United States and Canada under age 21 suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis.
Mission Statement: To return a sense of self, confidence and normalcy to children suffering from hair loss by utilizing donated ponytails to provide the highest quality hair prosthetics to financially disadvantaged children. The children receive hair prostheses free of charge or on a sliding scale, based on financial need.
How Can YOU Help?
- Make a Hair Donation. Locks of Love does not maintain a list of participating salons. All participating salons should have a Locks of Love decal in their window. If you have salons in your area that are part of a national chain, many times they participate. Also, you can try an online search, entering Locks of Love salon and your city and state.
- Make a Financial Contribution
- Plan an Event to Benefit Locks of Love
- Register as a Participating Salon
- Help in our National Headquarters
- Other Ways to Help
Check out the FAQ’s here. Follow along on Twitter as well!