For Day 11 of #30DaysOfCaring, I want to shine a spotlight on Pet Alliance of Greater Orlando. Not only can you adopt a loving “fur-ever” friend here but Pet Alliance offers affordable pet care. Most importantly, they never euthanize animals due to time or space!
Pet Alliance of Greater Orlando educates, shelters, places, and heals pets and their families with compassionate, responsible care maintained to the very highest professional standards.
Create more caring communities by promoting happier, healthier pets and their families.
Pet Alliance has two animal shelters serving Central Florida.
- 2727 Conroy Road, Orlando, FL 32839
- 2800 County Home Road, Sanford, FL 32773
This weekend during their “Home for the Holidays” campaign, priceless pets are free to adopt starting on Black Friday through the weekend at both locations. Both shelters are open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, and from noon to 4 p.m. on Sunday.
Be a hero, give a homeless pet another chance! You can view all available animals here.
Come prepared, ready to adopt!
- If you’re currently a renter, you must obtain permission from your landlord and understand the property’s pet policies, including pet deposits or fees, prior to adopting.
- Bring a driver’s license or other form of picture identification with you to the animal shelter.
- Save time by downloading and completing the adoption application before you arrive at the animal shelter.
Ways YOU can get involved:
- Donate online. You can make a onetime donation, a monthly donation, or a memorial or tribute online with a debit or credit card.
- Become a Humane Rewards participant and receive discounts on our products and services.
- Create your own fundraiser, or raise money for a special event, check out our do-it-yourself Furry Friend Fundraiser.
- Cash donations are welcome at both locations, or you can mail a check to the business office.
- In-kind donations are appreciated, please visit the wish list to view most needed products.
- Shop online for supplies.
- Become a Pet Alliance volunteer.
When you donate to Pet Alliance, your money goes towards helping them prevent pet relinquishment and care for and find homes for the homeless animals who do end up in their shelters. More than 92% of the funds raised go directly to support our programs and services.
If you’re not in Central Florida, find your local SPCA and/or Humane Society and find out how you can get involved!