Disclosure: This post is brought to you by Kellogg’s and The Motherhood. I’ve been compensated for my time however, all opinions are my own.
Do you get enough fiber in your diet? Many adults do not…so what about children? These facts may shock you.
- Nine out of 10 children do not get enough fiber in their diet! This can contribute to occasional constipation and upset tummies. Kellogg’s wants to let us know that there are tasty fiber options, like our kids’ favorite cereals, fruits and veggies to help get kids the fiber they need throughout the day.
- Constipation is reportedly the cause for almost 5 percent of all pediatric outpatient visits.
Kellogg’s knows it’s critical to kick off the day with a fiber containing breakfast in order to help get the recommended amount throughout the day. That’s why they offer more ready-to-eat cereals that are a good source of fiber (3 grams) than any other U.S. food company.
- Kellogg’s Froot Loops, Apple Jacks and Mini-Wheats have between 3-6 grams of fiber per serving, making them a good to excellent source of fiber that kids love. When I was a child, Mini-Wheats was one of my favorite cereals. They are delicious with or without milk! I guess my mom knew a thing or two about fiber.
- Kellogg’s cereals can be an important (and tasty) source of the fiber plus the whole grains children need to help keep their tummies happy.
Breakfast is an import meal, it fuels your body. Why not have a delicious and fiber filled choice? My son has been enjoying a variety of Kellogg’s cereals over the past week along with his fruit smoothies, he likes the taste (and has no clue he is eating a fiber filled breakfast).
To learn more about tasty fiber and the benefits of Kellogg’s cereal visit LoveYourCereal.com.
***One lucky reader is going to win their very own Kellogg’s Love Your Cereal Kit which consists of:
- 3 Boxes of Kellogg’s cereals (one box each of Frosted Mini-Wheats, Froot Loops and Apple Jacks)
- My Plate Game: a fun way to introduce and reinforce skills related to My Plate and healthy living.
- Toucan Sam plush toy
- Mini Wheats Soaking Cereal Bowl
- Tony the Tiger Spoon Set
Official contest rules can be found here. Please note, you must be 18 years of age and contest is only open to residents within the United States.