Contest is closed. Congratulations to Mindy!
Words cannot begin to describe how excited I was to receive a box of samples from Golden Valley Natural! I love jerky, perhaps growing up in the country had some influence. My family used to make venison jerky but it NEVER tasted this good (sorry grandma, but it is true)! I had splurged on a package of their Organic Beef Jerky at Whole Foods and already knew how much I loved it, so I couldn’t wait to tear into the rest of the samples.
Golden Valley Natural specialize in delicious All-Natural meat products. What makes them different from any other jerky company? Well, a lot actually! Check out these facts:
- Products are made from animals that have never received artificial growth hormones or antibiotics
- Animals are always fed a 100% vegetarian diet
- Products do not include artificial ingredients
- Products are minimally processed
Pretty impressive! My family is health conscious and we try to eat only natural and organic products, so this company information is very important to me. We like to reach for healthy, low fat snack alternatives and jerky is a great source of lean protein! The only problem is, this jerky is so good you will want to eat the entire bag!
Now onto my review. Please note all these jerky products contain no preservatives, no added MSG, no nitrates, no erythorbate and no artificial ingredients whatsoever! Also, they are minimally processed! All jerky is sold in 4 oz packages at a retail price of around $6.99 unless otherwise noted.
Certified Organic Beef Jerky: This was my favorite, so tender and bursting with flavor. Not only does it taste good, but it is gluten-free. It even paired nicely with a glass of red wine! The only problem is the bag is 3 oz which is easy to eat in one sitting. By far, this organic beef jerky was the most tender of all I sampled, I thought it was going to melt in my mouth.
Natural Beef Jerky: Very tender and full of flavor. This is not the typical beef jerky you would find just anywhere! From the first bite, you will be hooked!
Natural Buffalo Jerky: I was very excited to try buffalo jerky for the first time! One of our favorite meals is buffalo burgers, even my toddler gets excited when they are cooking! We were not disappointed, this buffalo jerky is very tasty and tender!
Natural Turkey Jerky: I wasn’t sure what to expect from turkey jerky, I remember trying another brand once and thinking it was way too salty. That was definitely not the case with this turkey jerky. Flavorful, tender and delicious!
Natural Fruit Stix: This is one of their new products and is not on their website yet. Basically, they are natural fruit sticks that are bursting with flavor! My son is a huge fan and they are perfect for his little hands! He allowed me to take a bite of his berry blend stick and the taste was incredible. It was like eating fresh strawberries and raspberries. Best of all, each one ounce serving counts as a serving of fruit!
Winchester Beef & Berry Bar: This was definitely unique! Made from all-natural meat and very low fat. Antioxidant rich and contains no artificial ingredients, no preservatives, no MSG and minimally processed. No hormones have been added to the meat in order to create this delicious snack bar! This is the perfect snack to take hiking, camping or hunting! My husband loved this bar, I personally prefer the jerky more.
The bottom line is this, you will not find better tasting jerky so don’t bother looking! I will never buy anything but Golden Valley Natural! Luckily, my local Whole Foods sells the products but they can also be purchased here.
Want to win the items I just reviewed? Golden Valley Natural is going to send one lucky reader samples of each! To enter, visit their website and tell me something you learned!
For additional entries, do the following but leave a separate comment for each (this will allow you additional chances to win).
- “Like” The Unemployed Mom’s Facebook Fan Page. If you’re already a fan, thank you very much! Just list your name below and indicate that you are.
- “Like” the Golden Valley Natural Meat Snacks Facebook Page.
- Post this giveaway as your facebook status and encourage your friends to enter.
- Comment on another post or giveaway at The Unemployed Mom then let me know you did in the comments section of this blog.
- Follow @Unemployed_Mom on twitter and retweet this contest (you can use the convenient green retweet button). You can do this once per day, just make sure to leave your tweet link as a comment daily.
- Subscribe to The Unemployed Mom’s RSS feed and let me know you have. Already a subscriber, thank you. Just indicate that you are in the comments.
- Have a Blog? Follow The Unemployed Mom and leave a comment that you are a follower.
- Have a Blog? Blog about this contest and leave the url of your post. This is worth 5 extra entries. Make sure you leave 5 separate comments. (example “blogged extra entry #1″, “blogged extra entry #2″, “blogged extra entry #3″, etc.).
- Have a blog? Add The Unemployed Mom to your blog roll and let me know you did. This is worth 3 extra entries! Make sure you leave 3 separate comments. (example “blog roll extra entry #1″, “blog roll extra entry #2″, “blog roll extra entry #3″, etc.).
Random.org will select a winner on July 9, 2010. U.S. residents only. Winner will be contacted via email and has 48 hours to respond. If no response is received, random.org will select another winner.
* Golden Valley Natural samples were received for review; however, the opinions expressed are indeed my own.