In the spirit of tax season, here are some new, interesting results from a recent GameStop survey. GameStop recently surveyed over 1K tax refund recipients, ages 18-44, to find out how they really spend their tax refund, how they wish they could spend it, what they would do to get more money and more.
Here are some top stats:
- Willing to Sacrifice: 30 percent of respondents would be willing to give up chocolate and candy for a whole year if they could receive double their refund. 20 percent would be willing to give up their car and 15.6 percent would be willing to visit their in-laws every weekend.
- Sense of Humor: Grumpy Cat and Pac-Man were tied at 20 percent each for how respondents would characterize the IRS!
- Travelers: Looks like Americans love to travel because 44 percent of respondents would rather receive their refund in the form of a flight; the second runner-up for first choice was video games (16.5 percent).
- Honest: Only 7 percent of respondents have ever lied about what they spent their refund on
- Charitable: Almost half – 54 percent – of respondents would be willing to donate part of their refund to a charity of their choice
The survey was conducted between Feb. 11 and 16, 2015, via Survata.com.
In addition, as part of GameStop’s “Re-Fun Your Refund” program, consumers can score some great deals on their favorite games and electronics. The program runs now through March 1, with some extended deals added in:
Video Games: (All offers are for a limited time)
- Various discounts on Disney Infinity Starter Packs
Consumer Electronics: (All offers are for a limited time)
- Receive a $50 GameStop gift card with purchase of any new Samsung or ASUS tablet (valid through March 14)
- 20% off all pre-owned smartphones, tablets and media players
- $50 off new Samsung Tab 4 tablets (7,8 & 10”) (valid through March 21)
- Up to $50 off new ASUS T100 Tablets (valid March 8 -21)
Accessories: (All offers are for a limited time)
- $10 off Xbox One Stereo headsets
Pre-owned Console Bundles: (All offers are for a limited time)
- Purchase a pre-owned Xbox One(no Kinect) plus two pre-owned games under $40 for $379.99
- Purchase a pre-owned PS4 plus two pre-owned games under $40 for $439.99
- Purchase a pre-owned Xbox 360 plus two pre-owned games under $20 for $199.99
- Purchase a pre-owned PS3(250GB) plus two pre-owned games under $20 for $229.99