Fellow Floridians, did you know in 2015 a law went into effect requiring homeowners who replace or install battery-powered smoke alarms in their homes to use alarms powered by a sealed-in 10 year battery?
The law aims to:
- Reduce home fire deaths! Last year, more than 100 Floridians died in home fires and in nearly half of those fires, smoke alarms weren’t present or weren’t working.
- Decrease the likelihood that a firefighter would be injured or killed trying to save a life.
- You can learn more by clicking here and selecting Florida (if you do not live in Florida, select your state to know the laws).
Let’s be honest, how many of us remember to test or change smoke detector batteries until we hear that low battery chirping sound? Well, thanks to Kidde we do not have to!
Kidde is the world’s largest manufacturer of fire safety products. Kidde offers a Worry-Free alarm that is compliant with the new Florida law! The unit is powered by a 10-year sealed-in battery which makes it tamper resistant and removes the burden of remembering to change batteries every six months.
Why Kidde Worry-Free Alarms?
- Kidde Aims to Make Life Worry-Free for Homeowners!
- The Worry-Free line was created to address common consumer complaints with batteries.
- Powered by sealed-in, 10-year lithium batteries.
- Uses one battery for the life of the alarm to provide 24/7 fire safety protection.
Kidde is a leading manufacturer of fire safety products. In addition to their worry-free alarm, they also have carbon monoxide alarms, combination smoke/CO alarms, fire extinguishers, escape ladders and auxiliary devices. You can learn more about their fire safety products here.
I encourage all Florida homeowners to act soon and purchase Kidde Worry-Free Smoke Alarms (available at various retailers, including The Home Depot).
Also, create and discuss escape plans with your family so everyone knows what to do in case of emergency! This link provides safety steps for protecting your family!
One lucky Floridian is going to win a Kidde Worry-Free Smoke Alarm! Simply enter my Rafflecopter below. The winner MUST have a Florida mailing address.
Know your state fire laws and legislation to avoid fines/penalties and most importantly, to save lives!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. I am receiving a Kidde Worry-Free smoke alarm for my personal use as well as compensation for this public service announcement.