If you are not an IKEA FAMILY member, I encourage you to join at an in-store kiosk or from home at this link. IKEA FAMILY members can always look forward to the following:
- Product discounts
- Additional discounts in restaurant
- A chance to win a $100 IKEA gift card every time you scan your card in the store.
- Free coffee or hot tea in the restaurant.
- Additional time for your kids in Småland (capacity-depending)
- Free frozen yogurt with a purchase of one at regular price when you first pick up your card
- 90 day price protection
In addition to those benefits, you can also take advantage of the deals below during Family Week Orlando (February 2-8).
Also, have you been wondering what is going on behind the tarps at IKEA Orlando? Well, don’t miss the launch of the SEKTION, a new, versatile kitchen system that will hit U.S. stores on February 2, 2015. The new modular kitchen, which will replace the current kitchen system AKURUM, enables customers to create truly customizable solutions, regardless of the size and shape of their kitchen space. SEKTION offers new features such as more modularity, integrated lighting, inside drawer organization, and “drawers within drawers,” giving homeowners options to create a beautiful, quality kitchen at a great price.
In developing SEKTION, IKEA did extensive research into what the kitchen means to people today, discovering that functionality and ease of use are top-of-mind for customers. “At IKEA, we understand that people want to create a home that is comfortable, safe and welcoming for their friends and families,” says Kathleen Wilber, IKEA US Sales Leader for Kitchens. “For the new SEKTION kitchen, this meant creating a collection that that is beautiful, easy to use, and works for all of life’s everyday activities, from cooking and eating to socializing and doing homework.”
Features of the new SEKTION system include:
- A modular design that is easier to install, more functional and gives you almost endless possibilities when creating your kitchen.
- Drawers within drawers that give you extra storage while maintaining a sleek, modern look.
- New interior organizers to help squeeze the most out of every square inch of drawer and cabinet space and create a kitchen where things are accessible and easy to find.
- Integrated LED lighting with features such as corner modules, electrical and USB outlets, remote control dimming and in-drawer lighting.
SEKTION also retains the best features of the current IKEA kitchens, such as soft close drawers and doors, a wall mounted rail system for easy installation, and a 25-year limited warranty. SEKTION is not compatible with the AKURUM system.
SEKTION will be available in a range of colors and styles from traditional to modern and everywhere in between. Starting February 2, 2015, customers can use the online IKEA Kitchen Planner to plan their own SEKTION kitchen. In addition to the online tools, IKEA offers a full range of services in-store, from planning and measuring to ordering and installing.
For additional information on SEKTION, please go to www.IKEA-USA.com/SEKTION.