I am REALLY late sharing my sister-in-law’s famous 2014 Sharp Holiday Cocktails, but my philosophy is better late than never! Those who personally know Mixologist Mindy followed along via Facebook during the month of December. I am sharing so everyone can enjoy these delicious recipes year round!
Here is a reminder of the 2013 Sharp Holiday Cocktail Recipes and Delightful and Frightful 2014 Sharp Halloween Cocktail Recipes.
Gingerbread in Mexico
- 1.5 oz of 100% Agave Tequila (that means no Cuervo)
- 1 oz of fresh squeezed lime juice
- 3 oz of Ginger Beer
- .5 oz of simple syrup (I used heavy simple syrup)
Poor all in a shaker with ice and gently shake. I salted the rim using coarse salt and more of the simple syrup.
- 2 oz vodka
- 4-6 oz of ginger beer (notice I used a different type tonight..this is my favorite)
- 2-3 mint sprigs plus some for garnish
- Juice of 1 lime
Muddle the mint leaves in the bottom of a glass. You are supposed to use a cooper mug but the Sharp cocktail supply cabinet is without such an item. Then add ice and the rest of the ingredients..give it a stir and voila! This tastes so much like a mojito so will also make an excellent summer drink.
Apple Cider & Ginger Beer Cocktail
- 3 oz Apple Cider
- 2 oz Ginger Beer (switched back to the other brand tonight…this has WAY more spice too it so much better with this cocktail)
- 1.5 oz Vodka
Pour ingredients into a glass over ice and stir. This is so yummy and easy!
The Perfect Storm
- 2 oz The Kraken (Black Spiced Rum)
- 6 oz Ginger Beer
- Juice of a 1/4 limeSqueeze the lime into a glass with ice, pour the Ginger Beer slowly. Then add the Kraken for the look but give it a stir before drinking.
- 1 oz bourbon
- 1 oz maple syrup
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- Ginger beer, chilled
Pour the bourbon, maple syrup, and lime juice in a shaker with ice. Shake and strain into a glass with ice then pour the ginger beer on top.
Cranberry Pear Ginger Fizz
- Handful of fresh cranberries
- 5 thin slices of pear
- 1 tsp of fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp of heavy simple syrup
- Jigger of gin
- Ginger Beer
Grab the shaker and your muddler…I wrap mine in saran wrap so it doesn’t get stained…and muddle the pear and cranberries. When its nice and smashed looking, pour in the lime juice, simple syrup and the jigger of gin. Top with ice and give it a good shake. Using a strainer, pour half in the bottom of a champagne flute then top with ginger beer. I tossed in a few cranberries and a sprig of rosemary to make it pretty. Best part is all that work for about two glasses!
- Fill your glass with ice
- Pour in 2 oz of Fireball whiskey
- 3 oz of Apple Cider
Give it a stir and garnish with apples.
Pomegranate Key Lime Martini
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1/4 cup of simple syrup
- 1 cup of unsweetened Pomegranate Juice
- 3 Tbl of fresh Key Lime juice (about 3 limes)
- Crushed Ice
Add all of the above into a shaker, shake and then pour into a martini glass. I dipped my glass in simple syrup and green sugar. I love how the little slice of Key Lime is in the bottom of the glass.
The Winter Sun
- Triple Sec
- Sprig of Rosemary (garnish)
Take a lemon and zest it into a bowl. Triple the amount of sugar to the zest. You will want more sugar than zest. Next, take the naked lemon and juice it – you need a 1/2 oz of lemon juice.
Juice about 2 clementines until you have 1/4 cup of clementine juice.
1/2 oz of triple sec
1 1/2 oz of vodka
Take your freshly squeezed lemon and rub it around the top of your glass. Then take a small plate and dump some of that lemon sugar on it…rim your glass. Add ice..fill it to the top. Pour in your juices then triple sec and top with the vodka. I used a sprig of rosemary to stir it up and to add a little garnish.
Pomegranate and Rosemary White Sangria
- 1 bottle of dry white wine….I had a Chardonnay on hand so used that
- 3/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- 1/4 cup simple syrup
- The juice of 1 lemon
- The juice of 1 orange
- 1/3 cup Triple Sec
Throw all ingredients into a pitcher and stir. It’s really that simple.
Pomegrante and Orange Sangria
- 1 bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1 cup of Brandy
- 1 cup of Pomegranate Juice
- 1 cup of fresh OJ
- 1 orange sliced
- 1 cup of cranberries
- 1 cinnamon stick
In a large pitcher, dump all the ingredients in and let it chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Add ice cubes to serving glasses (do not add ice cubes to pitcher).
Winter Apple, Pear and Cranberry Sangria
- 1 bottle sparkling wine
- 1 Cup sparkling water
- 1/4 Cup + 2 Tablespoons dark rum
- 3/4 Cup apple juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 pear, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 Cup fresh cranberries
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
Combine all the above and let it sit overnight. Enjoy eating the soaked pears!
- 2 oz Coconut Rum (if you don’t already have some….get it….its just plain good)
- 1 oz of OJ
- 1 oz of Pineapple Juice
- Splash of Grenadine
This is an easy prep…fill a glass with ice..dump ingredients and stir. My garnish is a fun vintage cocktail “Spir-It” stick with marshmallows and maraschino cherries.
- 1.5 oz of Rum
- 1 oz of Blackberry Brandy
- 2 oz Cranberry Juice
- 2 oz Pineapple Juice
- 2 oz of OJ
Pour all the above in a shaker with ice, shake then poor over ice. I added a sugar rim to this one. You could pour a little 151 rum on top if its been a rough day.
- 1.5 oz Cranberry Juice
- .5 oz Fresh lime juice
- 1 oz Orange Liquor (like Grand Marnier)
- 2 oz Vodka
Put all ingredients in a shaker with ice and then pour into a martini glass. I rimmed mine with lime juice and sugar.
- 4 1/2 Tablespoons of Bourbon
- 1 1/2 T of cranberry juice
- 1 T of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 T of simple syrup
Add all to a shaker with ice, shake then pour over ice.
Cranberry Pomegranate Bellini with Lime
Take 1/2 cup Pomegranate & 1/2 cup of Cranberry Juice pour into a pan with 1 cup of sugar. Bring to a boil then simmer for 5 minutes. Allow to cool (I did overnight). Just pour about an ounce of the simple syrup and then fill with Prosecco. Add a squeeze of lime and give it a stir.