Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida makes an enormous difference in our community, so they definitely deserve a shout out for my #30Daysof Caring. Their mission is to create hope and nourish lives through a powerful hunger relief network, while multiplying the generosity of a caring community.
- Inspiring and engaging our community to end hunger.
- Providing access to food and other grocery products in order to meet the need
- Promoting and supporting the development of our partner agencies’ ability to fulfill their missions
- Mobilizing leaders and communities by bringing visibility to the invisible problem of hunger and poverty
- Developing more holistic and county-specific solutions to hunger in Central Florida
Check out this video (this is shared during Family Night so children can understand more about the hunger problem in our community).
Kate is one of 187,940 kids who struggles with hunger in Central Florida. Can you go without your luxury for 1 day so Kate can eat? Donate time, donate money, donate today at http://www.Feedhopenow.org
There are many ways to get involved, check out this link.
You can donate, volunteer, start a food drive, attend a food for thought session, attend a special event, and/or become a food industry donor. If you have a group, there are many opportunities available.Get your family involved on Family Night. The volunteer calendar can be found here.
If you’re NOT in Central Florida, contact your local food bank to see how you can get involved and make a difference.