Sweet is the word that comes to mind when I think about Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party 2014 (MNSSHP). The entire event is family-friendly and so much fun. Check out my 10 Mom Tips For Making “Sweet” Memories.
1. Festive Decor: The Magic Kingdom screams fall festival with beautiful decorations throughout the park. Bring your camera and capture some amazing family memories and park photos. Be sure to share on social media for all your friends to see!
2. Trick-or-Treat at the Happiest Place on Earth: This one is pretty obvious, who wouldn’t want to trick or treat at the Magic Kingdom? As you enter the park you will receive specially themed goodie bags (you can also bring your own bag), an event brochure and a wristband. Use the brochure, it contains all the important event information (party map, entertainment schedule, treat locations, parade route, open attractions, etc.) so you can make your adventure “sweet”. Keep your wristband visible so park attendants can see you are a MNSSHP guest. Also, keep an eye out for orange lanterns and handheld signs which indicates CANDY!
3. Show Your Disney Side But Consider The Weather: You will not only see small children in costumes, even big kids show their Disney Side by sharing in the Halloween excitement. It’s fun for ALL ages. Some of your favorite Disney characters get into it, also! Just remember, you are in Central Florida and our weather is still very hot. Choose a costume that you will be comfortable in AND bring a poncho because it rains almost every single day here.
4. Shorter Ride Lines: While others are trick-or-treating and enjoying MNSSHP festivities, we take advantage of shorter ride lines! My family walked on several of our favorite classic Magic Kingdom attractions. I even spotted a 30 minutes wait at the new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train which was so tempting!
5. Dance Parties: Let the kids cut a rug with Disney pals while you rest your feet (yes, sneaking candy from the loot bag is perfectly ok)! This year, don’t miss Monstrous Scream-O-Ween Ball at the Rockettower Plaza Stage in Tomorrowland.
6. This Party Is About Disney Villains: Keep an eye on the schedule and make sure to catch the Disney villains as they take center stage in 2014 with “Villains Mix & Mingle – Live on Stage” castle show. Also, Club Villain is an all-new nightly character dance party experience that takes over the Diamond Horseshoe Saloon in Frontierland. Check the brochure map for villain meet and greets throughout the park
7. Headless Horseman & Parade: Prior to Mickey’s Boo-To-You Halloween Parade, look for the infamous Headless Horseman (one of my favorite things about MNSSHP)! The parade happens at 8:15 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. during MNSSHP nights. This is a must see!
8. HalloWishes: This fireworks show is one of the most amazing Disney spectacles, complete with green and orange fireworks and Disney villains. HalloWishes is at 9:30 p.m. so grab a decent spot for viewing.
9. Speciality Merchandise & Treats: On the back of your brochures, check out the exclusive merchandise available for purchase (clothing, pins and magicbands) as well as locations! If you need even more sugar, there are specialty treats (spiced pumpkin waffle sundae, cupcakes and cookies, candy corn cotton candy and candy corn soft-serve ice cream) scattered throughout the park.
10. Have a Photo and Chat With Mickey Mouse: Head to Town Square for a visit with Mickey! This is a Halloween tradition for our family and this year it was an added treat to chat with talking Mickey! Our secret, we go during the parade since there is no line!
Keep in mind, this is a special event and requires a separate ticket for admission. Grab your tickets early! Advance purchase (prior to event day) savings are available for select dates. Guests may visit Disneyworld.com/Halloween for party dates and prices, or call 407-W-DISNEY.
WHAT: Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party
WHEN: 26 select nights, from 7 pm to midnight
September 1, 9, 12, 14, 16, 19, 21, 23, 26 & 28 and
October 2, 3, 5, 9, 10, 13, 16, 17, 19, 21, 23, 24, 26, 27, 30 & 31.
WHERE: Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World Resort.
Disclosure: My family attended a MNSSHP media event at the Magic Kingdom, no additional compensation has been received.