Need an excuse to play with your food? FamilyFun Magazine has some healthy, fun snack ideas to keep your little ones both entertained and full. I already shared the octopus cupcake idea (click here for a reminder), but here are some additional cute ideas below that are perfect for fun after-school snack time, play dates, or parties below!
Banana cupcakes: This fruity, protein-packed mini no-bake “cupcake” is a fun, healthy after school snack!
Ingredients: Bananas, Peanut butter, Blueberries, & Coconut
- Use a piping bag and round decorating tip (or a ziplock bag with a corner snipped off) to pipe a swirl of peanut butter on a 1-inch thick slice of banana.
- Top with fresh berries, shredded coconut, or other healthy favorites.
Whooo’s hungry owl crackers: Complete with raisins for eyes and almonds for wings, this snack is a savory treat for celebrating the beginning of fall and the upcoming “spooky” season.
Ingredients: Round crackers, Mini round crackers, Cream cheese, Almonds, Raisins
- Spread a layer of plain cream cheese on a round cracker, using the tip of the spreader to make small indents for feathers.
- Press on a pair of mini round cracker eyes (we pulled apart a Ritz Bits sandwich and used a half for each eye) and attach raisin pupils with a dab of cream cheese.
- Finish by pressing on an almond beak and almond-slice feathers.
Color-Me-Sweetcakes: A painter’s pallet of your favorite cupcakes makes for a colorful, creative treat!
Ingredients: Your favorite cupcakes!
Directions: Once your cupcakes have cooled, frost them with four or five shades of tinted frosting (for intense tones like those shown, use paste food coloring).
To make the serving platter, use a craft knife to cut a palette shape from a sheet of cardboard or foam board. Paint it brown and let it dry before using it.