A Gift For Teaching (AGFT) is celebrating 15 years ensuring every child has the basic learning tools and experiences to succeed in school and life. AGFT is an independent 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization privately funded by corporations, foundations and individuals.
Mission: To improve public education by providing resources and surplus materials free to teachers for their students in need.
The top 6 school supplies needed are:
- Loose leaf paper packs
- #2 pencils
- 24-count crayon boxes
- 8-count marker packages
- Glue sticks
- 12-count packages of colored pencils
There are 3 easy and convenient ways YOU can get involved and help make a difference:
- Financial donations
- Product donations (see list above)
- Host a back-to-school supply drive in partnership with AGFT
Also, RDV Sportsplex hosts Food Truck Fridays from 10-2 in the parking area on the corner of Maitland Summit Blvd and Keller Road. July proceeds benefit AGFT!
Here are some amazing stats:
- $1,000 can provide 5,000 children with a pack of loose leaf paper.
- $500 can provide more than 45,000 children with a pencil.
- $250 can provide more than 1,000 children with a pack of crayons.
- $100 can provide 1,000 children with a glue stick.
- $50 can provide nearly 200 children with an 8-count marker package.
- $20 can provide more than 80 children with a 12-count pack of colored pencils.
For additional information about AGFT’s back to school drive, check out this flyer. It contains all the information you and/or your company will need to get involved (drop off information and locations, ideas on how to start a drive, print-outs to post in your office, etc.).