by The Unemployed Mom on 15/10/12 at 8:39 pm
I cannot stress the emphasis I put on eating healthy snacks. I enjoy being creative when I have time, but lately it just isn’t happening. Now that my son is in t-ball and the Orlando Magic pre-season has started, we are constantly on the go! Now more than ever, it is critical for him to snack on smart, healthy foods. His little body needs nourishment for the physical demands of sports.
He loves fresh fruit (bananas, berries, and apples) and vegetables (celery, edamame, broccoli and cauliflower) in his lunchbox, but I recently learned about new Del Monte fruit cup flavors and decided to surprise him! The two of us took a trip to Wal-mart and hit the canned fruit aisle! There were endcaps and displays of not so healthy foods everywhere (tis the season of baking), so we steered clear of those.
I have to be honest, I didn’t expect to see so many options! Walmart has an enormous variety, even the pickiest of eaters will find a flavor they will love!
My mouth watered when I saw these new Del Monte fruit cup flavors:
Diced apples and pears in extra light syrup with caramel.
Diced pears in extra light syrup with vanilla and spice.
I couldn’t resist the diced peaches in light syrup with cinnamon and brown sugar either, so I grabbed a package! These are right up MY alley and totally satisfy my sweet tooth!
Besides being a healthy alternative for my son’s lunch box, these fruit cups are also a smart snack option we can provide to my son’s class and t-ball friends when it’s our turn in the snack rotation. I also personally love the following about Del Monte fruit cups:
- Rich in Vitamin C!
- No high fructose corn syrup.
- Naturally fat free and gluten free.
- Lots of flavor options.
- Fruit cups are available in light syrup, no sugar added, 100% juice, and gel/lite varieties.
- My son gets one serving of fruit in each cup!
- Shelf stable, no worries about spoiling!
- The cups are convenient for packing lunches or taking along for a healthy snack option.
- If feeding a larger group, Del Monte fruits are affordable and come in a variety of sizes (cans, family packs, etc.).
- The fruits can be enjoyed as is or used in recipes.
* I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Del Monte #CBias #SocialFabric. All opinions are my own.