Trick or treating at The Magic Kingdom, can you think of a better place? I wouldn’t miss Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party (MNSSHP) for anything! My son is four and not into scary things, so dressing up and visiting the Happiest Place On Earth is perfect!
This year, he dressed up as a police officer (minus the pants since we are still experiencing summer like weather in Orlando) and couldn’t wait to step foot on Main Street USA! We went through the turnstiles, received our special party wristbands and began studying the pamphlet. For those unfamiliar with MNSSHP, it is a special event and a separate ticket is required (you can purchase tickets here). It is also appropriate for children of ALL ages.
There are 9 locations to Trick-or-Treat AND 2 Trick-or-Treat Trails! Keep your eyes open for these signs, they indicate Trick-or-Treating spots!
All I can say is get ready to satisfy your sweet tooth! My family left with three overflowing bags of Goofy’s Candy Company treats! We received a huge variety, just take a look! Also, as we were leaving we were hooked up with Halloween peeps!
In addition to trick-or-treating, we rode all our favorite rides over and over again! I walked right on Space Mountain! I haven’t been able to ride that attraction for years because the line usually has a long wait (and I am impatient), but I was finally able to experience it again (and it’s just as awesome as I remembered)! So, another perk for MNSSHP is shorter ride lines!
But my son could not get enough of Tomorrowland Speedway! We laughed watching him drive his mini race car.
But that’s NOT all!
MNSSHP also has the following “cannot miss” items:
- Mickey’s “Boo-to-You” Halloween Parade which includes your favorite Disney Characters and stars from the Haunted Mansion attraction. Best part of all, the Headless Horseman starts the parade by taking a spook-tacular ride.
- Happy HalloWishes is my favorite part! It is a spectacular fireworks show where the Disney Villains go trick-or-treating in the sky.
- You will also see many of your favorite Disney Characters and Disney Villains wearing special costumes.
- Plus, the entire park is transformed with special lighting, music and effects.
The Magic Kingdom at night is truly magical. Seeing the castle light up is amazing, it’s even beautiful orange!
After all the Halloween festivities, we saved the best for last…photos with our pals Mickey and Minnie.
I highly recommend MNSSHP! The special event will take place on select nights (for dates, click here). Advance tickets are recommended.
You can see additional photos from our MNSSHP experience here.
* I received media tickets to attend MNSSHP; however, the opinions expressed are my own.