by The Unemployed Mom on 25/07/12 at 11:33 am
The other day, a kid cruised into the playground on a modern looking ride-on toy. Talk about an attention grabber! The toy is awesome, like something from the future. I did a little research and found out it was a PlasmaCar.
My kid has been begging for a battery operated ride-on-toy, and to be honest I want something he can grow with that requires HIM to be the battery. We had a not so great experience with a battery operated truck, it had to be returned after a few uses. Talk about heartbreaking and frustrating.
Since then, we have been searching for a fun ride-on toy that my son can grow with. Once we learned more about PlasmaCar, we knew our search was over!
Here are the key points I love about PlasmaCar!
- Award winning design (to see all of the awards PlasmaCar has received, click here).
- Safe riding toy, meets and exceeds all international product safety standards.
- Uses kid power – no batteries, pedals, gears, or electrical parts.
- Harnesses the natural forces of inertia, centrifugal force, friction and kid power!
- The sleek, aerodynamic design allows riders to reach 6 miles per hour.
- Has a 6 month warranty against manufacturer defect, plus replacement parts are available for purchase.
- Can support up to 220 pounds on a flat, smooth surface.
- Does not require a large storage area.
- Built to last with durable plastic.
- Available in a variety of vibrant colors.
- Affordable fun for the ENTIRE family!
We received a red and black PlasmaCar to review and excitement filled the air! Assembling it was a breeze. After attaching a few pieces, the car is ready for action.
My son jumped on and started moving his body, which made the car move! I was impressed with how he instinctively knew what to do.
How does PlasmaCar work?
You literally hop on and go! It maneuvers easily and even operates in tight spaces. All you need is a smooth surface and a driver. Turn the wheel from left to right and the PlasmaCar goes! If you want to slow down, just stop turning the wheel. Your feet are the breaks, just put them on the ground to stop. It’s really that simple, but loads of fun.
He decided to ride it down a small incline to gain momentum. To my surprise, he did not tip when he made a sharp turn at the bottom.
The first night out, he rode the car for about an hour non-stop then I jumped on. Talk about fun! I will be sneaking more rides.
I think the photo below tells the whole story!
PlamsaCar has been with us for almost a week and it’s the first thing he asks for each morning. Without hesitation, I HIGHLY recommend this product. It is a fun way for children of all ages to exercise and have fun. My kid is 4, so I see MANY years of enjoyment with PlasmaCar.
***WIN ONE! One lucky reader is going to win a PlasmaCar!
There are 3 mandatory entrees, so make sure you complete those 3 tasks. (see additional contest rules below)***
Contest rules: Contest is open to US (excluding Hawaii & Alaska) and Canada residents with an address, no P.O. boxes. Other review/giveaway bloggers are not eligible to win. PlasmaCar color is dependent on stock, winner does not have a color option. Winner has 48 hours to respond or an alternative winner will be selected.
Disclosure: I received a free PlasmaCar to evaluate and comment on my experiences. All thoughts are mine.