A few weeks back, I encouraged you to visit the Sargento facebook page and join the “Thin to Win” fitness challenge (for a refresher, click here). I was hopeful my ideas about carving out 30 minutes of “me” time helped others reduce and/or cope with stress. In addition to adding “me” time, I found other areas to thin out my life, including using lower calorie ingredients yet still enjoying flavorful foods.
Usually, cheese isn’t something that comes to mind when trying to eat lower fat/calorie foods; however, Sargento Ultra Thin Sliced Cheese is a terrific option! My local Publix started carrying Swiss and Provolone, since they are only 40 calories per slice I am able to enjoy cheese and “thin out” my family’s sandwiches, wraps, recipes, and more! I grabbed one of each.
One of my favorite breakfast items is a whole wheat wrap filled with sautéed vegetables, egg whites and swiss cheese (sometimes I add diced uncured ham that is 100% free of antibiotics, made exclusively with humanely raised pork, without chemical preservatives or fillers). The breakfast wraps I make are similar to this recipe on the Sargento website for Swiss Veggie Frittata.
Healthy Breakfast Wrap Instructions:
- Sautee onions, peppers and mushrooms in a skillet until browned (use vegetables you enjoy).
- Add egg whites, cook thoroughly and mix with the sautéed vegetables.
- Add one slice of Sargento Ultra Thin Sliced cheese per serving. (Today, I used Swiss)
- While the cheese is melting, warm a whole wheat tortilla or wrap in a skillet, then dump the veggie, egg and cheese mixture on top.
- Add diced tomatoes and fresh herbs (if desirable).
- Roll up, cut in half and enjoy!
This recipe is so easy and healthy, yet filled with flavor! Here is a look at our wraps from this morning (I used Sargento Ultra Thin Sliced Swiss today).
My family had no idea a traditional sliced cheese was not used, the wraps were devoured with lots of “yum” comments! The wraps still had plenty of taste, just not as many calories and/or fat. The ultra thin Swiss slices make such a difference! My son also loves snacking on the slices, not a bad snacking option!
***Would you like to thin out your life and win 3 free product coupons for Sargento Ultra Thin Sliced Cheese?
Just enter the Rafflecopter below (please allow time for the Rafflecopter to load).***
Check out the twitter hashtag #ThintoWin and join the conversation! Talk about how YOU can thin out your life by joining the Sargento “Thin To Win” challenge.
* Disclosure: I received products and compensation from Sargento Foods Inc. and The Motherhood as part of my participation in this campaign. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this post are my own.”