I am in my sixth week on the Medifast 5&1 program (down 20 lbs so far) and wanted to share some meal preparation tips I have learned along the way.
- To make sure your powder packets mix well, use the Medifast blender bottle (or a small blender, shaker jar, etc.) when preparing your drinks. Do the same when mixing Medifast hot cocoa and cappuccino, just do NOT put the shaker jar inside the microwave. Using these devices will help eliminate excess chunks (stirring in a glass does not mix the powder very well).
- If you plan on enjoying Medifast soup, soak several hours in advance. What does soaking mean? Add boiling water (the amount the instructions indicate), let the soup sit for a couple of hours, then follow the heating instructions and enjoy.
- Don’t always add the water amount recommended. For example, if you like thicker oatmeal then use less water. Add a little extra water to the soft bake cookie so it can spread evenly in the tray. You will learn to adapt the water content to your satisfaction.
- Use a small blender to mix Medifast soft serve. Make sure your ice is grated properly so you do not have large ice chunks in your snack. Also, if you want to make your shakes thicker, use ice in a blender.
- If you don’t like a Medifast food, exchange it! But also keep in mind, your tastes will change as you continue down the Medifast path. I have found that a food I may not have enjoyed during week 1 now tastes better!
- Don’t burn yourself out on eating the same lean and green meal every day. Be creative and try new dishes. Do not resort to salads every single day, if you do…you will be missing out on tasty recipes and become bored! I have made several recipes from Sandy’s Kitchen Adventures and my entire family devours the food not having a clue the recipes are Medifast approved!
- When heating up Medifast meals in the microwave, pay attention! Some foods/drinks will boil over if you are not using a deep enough bowl or mug. This can happen in less than a second and then you have a microwave to clean and less food to eat.
- Fudge: Mix your brownie packet in the tray as usual BUT only microwave for 30 seconds. Put it in the freezer for 2 hours. Cut into pieces and enjoy!
- Mug Muffins: I have trouble NOT scrambling my pancakes, but found this unique way to make mug muffins.
- Granola Crunch: If you want a change from oatmeal, use your packet to make granola crunch! I have not tried this yet, but plan on it. Instructions can be found here.
- For additional recipes and creative ideas, click here and scroll down to the section called “Medifast Products“. There are a ton of Medifast approved ideas from Sandy’s Kitchen!
If you have any additional Medifast food tips or secrets, please leave a comment!
***When YOU are ready to shed extra pounds QUICKLY and easily, then this plan is for you! It is simple and fits all lifestyles. Once you achieve your ultimate weight loss goal, Medifast has a maintenance program to help keep the weight off forever. No more yo-yo dieting, this is the real deal!***
Here’s an opportunity for YOU to join Medifast and get free meals!
Medifast recently introduced a new customer savings program. If you use my coupon code, UNEMPMOM56, and sign up for Medifast Advantage when you order $250+, you’ll receive 56 free Medifast Meals and free shipping! Medifast Advantage has a lot of perks, including free customizable meals and a free BlenderBottle® with minimum purchase.
Here are the details: For your first order of $250+, use my code, and enroll in Medifast Advantage to receive 28 free meals. Do the same on your next order and you’ll receive ANOTHER 28 free meals! This offer is only valid if you enroll in Medifast Advantage, and it’s limited to one per customer. It’s not valid with prior purchases, any other promotions or discounts, or for Medifast Ready-to-Drink Shakes. Check out Medifast’s website for complete details on program and discounts.
Disclosure: I receive free product in order to evaluate and comment on my experiences on the MedifastProgram. Medifast products and the Medifast Program are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or illness. Any medical improvements noted while on the program are related to weight loss in general, and not to Medifast products or programs.