by The Unemployed Mom on 14/11/11 at 9:43 am
ICE! “Shrek the Halls,” SNOW! DreamWorks Animation characters, dazzling entertainment, Christmas tree lightings, sparkling decorations, Santa visits and more!
If you are looking for a memorable getaway that is filled with ICE!, SNOW, DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc. (Nasdaq: DWA) characters and more, start making a list and checking it twice. A jam-packed schedule of fun-filled events is planned at Christmas at Gaylord Palms in Central Florida Nov. 16 through Jan. 2, 2012.
The 4.5-acre resort is transformed into a holiday wonderland with all of the sights and sounds of the holiday season. Twinkling lights, exquisite decorations and trees, special entertainment around every corner, Santa and more to make all of your Christmas dreams a reality!
Gaylord Palms will offer guests a special Christmassy DreamWorksExperience package that, for the first time ever, will provide DreamWorksfans with an up-close and personal experience in a resort environment. Available for one-night with rates starting at $149*** per person and two-nights, with rates starting at $199*** per person, the package includes a series of exclusive offerings, as well as some optional add-on attractions:
Exclusive offerings for DreamWorks package guests include:
- ShrekFeast Interactive Character Meals features delectable menu items only an ogre would love. Fairytale photo opps will abound as kids dine with Shrek, Princess Fiona and Puss in Boots, and discover a Magic Fountain bubbling over with chocolate potions.
- DreamWorks “Character Passport” Meet & Greets offer a chance for enthusiasts to stroll through Shrek and Princess Fiona’s beloved swamp for a face-to-face encounter with the green ogres; explore the island of Madagascar, that Alex the Lion, King Julien and the Penguins call home; and discover China’s ancient Valley of Peace where Po has become a true kung fu master. Guests can even meet the star of DreamWorks’ newest film – Puss in Boots!
- Puss in Boots Scavenger Hunt creates fun for the entire family. Everyone will enjoy searching the expansive, indoor atriums at Gaylord Hotels on this interactive scavenger hunt. Answers can be entered online to win the grand prize!
- Family Photo A professional photo of each family with their favorite DreamWorks character will be taken and provided to them as a special keepsake of their Gaylord Hotels Christmassy DreamWorksExperience.
- DreamWorksCharacter Wake-Up Calls The immersive experience continues first thing, with a wacky wake-up call from one of the DreamWorks characters. Guests can choose from a host of their favorites for a fun way to start the day!
- DreamWorksWelcome Amenity at Package Check-In Package guests will receive a special DreamWorks welcome amenity to commemorate their visit. (Limit one item per package, room.)
In addition to the aforementioned, the following activities are also included in the DreamWorks package and are also available for purchase on an individual basis:
ICE! Featuring DreamWorks Animation’s Shrek the Halls
The highlight of Christmas at Gaylord Palms, ICE! is open daily (Nov. 16-Jan. 2, 2012), including holidays. With more than 16,000 square-feet of frosty 9-degree bliss played out in a winter wonderland of exciting hand-carved sculptures, ICE! Is a favorite holiday tradition. This year it features five 30-foot ice slides and an all-new, tribute to the unforgettable DreamWorks’ Animation TV classic Shrek the Halls. The attraction is carved by a team of 40 artisans from Harbin, China, an area best known for its annual International Ice and Snow Festival.
ICE! is kept at a frigid 9° Fahrenheit (-13° Celsius). Guests are encouraged to dress appropriately: closed-toe shoes and long pants are required. Hooded winter parkas are provided for warmth and comfort inside the attraction and are available in a variety of sizes, including sizes for children. Hats and gloves are strongly recommended. Prices range from $13.99 – $29.99.
SNOW! in Orlando? Yes!
Celebrate the Winter Festival with Po and the Furious Five in Kung Fu Panda Awesome SNOW! Explore the village courtyard inside the Valley of Peace by crawling though underground snow tunnels, spanning bridges high above the snow below and sliding down rolling hills on the all-new 64-foot pagoda slide.
Kids will be able to throw snowballs at the fierce Snow Leopard Tai Lung (Kung Fu Panda) and the cunning, Lord Shen (Kung Fu Panda 2) as well as some of their evil henchmen. Look for Po himself doing a little Kung Fu Fighting.
More than 130-tons of snow is freshly made daily to allow kids of all ages to build snowmen and forts while playing in over 3-feet of the cold stuff. The atmosphere is kept at a crisp 55 degrees. To receive the best deal on SNOW! tickets, upgrade to a combo ticket with ICE!, featuring DreamWorks’ Shrek the Halls. Prices range from $11.99 – $22.99.
DreamWorks Animation 3D Theater Experience
What do you get when you combine the latest DreamWorks Animation 3D movie release with fantastic themed food and live performances by your favorite characters? It all adds up to an unforgettable experience available only at Gaylord Hotels! Bring your appetite for great food and hair-raising adventure, because you’ll enjoy the brand-new 2011 holiday movie release: Puss In Boots playing in 3D and fun movie munchies, there will also be opportunities to interact with various DreamWorks Animation characters.
Prices range from $21.95 – $24.95.
Gingerbread Decorating with Gingy
This fun and interactive tradition takes on a new twist! Hosted by Gingy, the most famous of all gingerbread men, guests select from two different design options to create a gingerbread cookie family or a complete gingerbread house. Or both! Bring your camera: after the decorating is done, meet Gingy for a photo. Options:
- Gingerbread House Tree Ornament Kit ($19.95, plus tax)
Includes Gingerbread House Tree Ornament Cookie, complete with frosting and candy, plus a family meet and greet with Gingy.
- Gingerbread Cookie Family Kit ($25, plus tax)
Includes Ginger Mom, Ginger Dad, two Ginger Kids, Ginger Dog, Ginger Cat cookies complete with frosting and candy, plus a Family Meet and Greet with Gingy.
- Gingerbread House Kit ($35, plus tax)
Includes Ginger House, frosting and candy, plus a family meet and greet with Gingy.
LIVE Christmas Stage Shows & Visits with Santa – FREE!
As part of the holiday line-up, live stage entertainment is scheduled throughout the season. All guests are invited to attend!
- Luminescence. Enjoy a musical journey into the spirit of Christmas. The holiday season comes alive with dazzling special effects, lighting and aerial choreography to tell the story of Christmas.
- Christmas Wonders and Majestic Christmas Tree Lighting. A radiant and heart-warming stage revue includes a ceremonial lighting of the 50-foot tall majestic Christmas tree!
- Visits with Santa. No Christmas holiday is complete without a visit with Santa. Have you been naughty or nice?
The Gaylord Palms Resort is located at 6000 W Osceola Parkway, Kissimmee, FL 34746. For details on all holiday events, vacation packages, schedules, pricing and tickets, call 407-586-2000 or visit www.ChristmasAtGaylordPalms.com
***Per person based on double occupancy and availability, plus tax, resort fee and parking. Extra adult $89 plus tax each. Extra child $69 plus tax each. Extra nights and atrium upgrades may be available at prevailing rates. Not valid for groups or in conjunction with other offers. Not retroactive. Subject to blackout dates. Other restrictions may apply.
Shrek, Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda and all related characters and properties © 2011 DreamWorks Animation L.L.C.
Shrek the Halls © 2011 DreamWorks Animation L.L.C.
About Gaylord Hotels®
Gaylord Hotels® is a collection of four upscale, resorts which afford endless opportunities for leisure travelers and conventioneers. The hotel company’s hallmark – “everything in one place” – provides vacationers with diverse dining options, quality spa and fitness center services, top-notch entertainment, on-site shopping and endless activities – all within each resort. Gaylord Hotels is a pioneer in the hotel and convention industry with properties in the nation’s most desirable destinations. Gaylord Hotels include Gaylord Opryland® in Nashville, Tennessee; Gaylord Palms® in Kissimmee, Florida near Orlando; and Gaylord Texan® on Lake Grapevine near Dallas, Texas, and Gaylord National® on the Potomac in National Harbor, Maryland, which just celebrated its year anniversary in April 2009. Gaylord Hotels is owned and operated by Gaylord Entertainment (NYSE: GET), a leading hospitality and entertainment company based in Nashville, Tenn. For more information, please visit: www.gaylordhotels.com.