Contest is now closed, congratulations to Jenn from The Disney Babies Blog.
I was recently paired with local Orlando blogging pals Amanda, Jen, Melanie, Angie and Leigh to create an “on the go” complete menu using Lawry’s Seasoned Salt, Lawry’s Balsamic Herb Marinade and/or Lawry’s Seasoned Salt Marinade.
Since August is a tough time with summer vacations and back to school preparations, we decided to have a virtual cook off. We knew it would take a little more coordination, but since we are accustomed to working online and are glued to our smart phones and devices, we knew we were up for the challenge! We broke into teams of two and began brainstorming.
Team Appetizer: Leigh & Melanie
Team Salad/Vegetable: Jen & Jessica
Team Main Course: Angie & Amanda
Once we knew the direction the main course was going in, each focus group began testing recipes using Lawry’s seasonings and marinades.
Team Appetizer came up with a delicious Crostini with white bean spread, arugula and prosciutto. The recipe is below, note it makes 20-30 appetizers, depending on the size of your baguette.
1 baguette, sliced into 1/2-inch thick slices
1 can cannelini beans (or other white bean, such as Great Northern)
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp. Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
Baby arugula (about 1/2 cup)
Thinly-sliced prosciutto (about 1/4 pound)
1. Toast your bread slices on both sides. This can be done in an oven, or the Florida summer method, which doesn’t require heating up the oven: Heat a dry skillet over medium high heat. Add bread slices and toast for about 30 seconds per side. Watch closely so they don’t burn.
2. Make the white bean spread. Drain the liquid from the can of beans. Add to a food processor and puree. Add olive oil, Lawry’s Seasoned Salt and pepper and process until well blended.
3. Assemble the crostini. Spread about 2 tsp. of the bean spread on each baguette. Top with 3-4 pieces of baby arugula and a small slice of the prosciutto.
The appetizer turned out beautifully, take a look below! In about 15 minutes, this crowd pleasing appetizer was created!
Team Salad/Vegetable tested two different delicious recipes using Lawry’s Seasoned Salt, but ultimately decided on Lemon Sautéed Asparagus since it seemed to pair a little nicer with our main course. The estimated recipe time is only 7 minutes, which includes prep!
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
One Whole Lemon
Grated Parmesan Cheese (fresh or in jar)
1. While cleaning asparagus, heat olive oil in medium sauté pan.
2. Place cleaned asparagus in pan and squeeze lemon juice on top.
3. While cooking, top with zest from lemon and add a few dashes of Lawry’s Seasoned Salt.
4. Turn the asparagus while cooking until desired tenderness and color is achieved. Be careful not to overcook or burn the asparagus. It will turn a brighter green color when ready.
5. Remove from pan and place in serving dish. Sprinkle fresh parmesan cheese, lemon zest and Lawry’s Seasoned Salt on top prior to serving. Season to your satisfaction.
Do NOT let the simplicity of this recipe fool you, the asparagus turned out so delicious. The Lawry’s Seasoned Salt just added to the amazing flavor. My family devoured it and begged for more! Lawry’s has helped turn an ordinary vegetable into an extraordinary masterpiece!
Team Main Course used Lawry’s Balsamic Herb Marinade to create their Balsamic Pineapple Salmon dish. The recipe generously serves 4 and will leave you begging for more!
(4) 4 oz. salmon filets
2 cups pineapple chunks (fresh or canned)
1. Marinade salmon filet with Lawry’s Balsamic Herb Marinade for at least 30 minutes. If you’d prefer more flavor, marinade longer.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees then place salmon in baking dish.
3. Cover salmon with chunked pineapples.
4. Bake on 350 for 30 minutes or until salmon flakes.
5. Remove from oven and place in serving dish.
6. Drizzle with Lawry’s Balsamic Herb Marinade for extra flavor.
Take a look, team Main Course made a mouthwatering salmon masterpiece! If I didn’t know better, I’d think this photo was snapped at a fancy seafood restaurant. It is simply amazing the quality of food you can create when using Lawry’s great marinades and seasonings!
I am proud of the “on the go” meal my team created, this can all be achieved in less than an hour! All three recipes are easy, yet so flavorful! This meal will amaze your friends, they will think you spent all day in the kitchen!
My schedule is always jam packed, so making good tasting “on the go” meals is vital. Lawry’s seasoning salt and marinades help make those quick meals more tasty! I noticed some flavorful recipes on Lawry’s site that I will also be trying!
***WIN IT!!!*** Would you like to spice up your recipes with Lawry’s salt and marinades? One lucky reader is going to win an economy sized bottle of Seasoned Salt, a bottle of Lawry’s Balsamic Herb Marinade and a bottle of Lawry’s Seasoned Salt Marinade.***
To enter, simply leave a comment telling me which of the 3 recipes mentioned above you’re most interested in trying!
RULES: Random.org will select a winner on August 22, 2011. Winner will be contacted via email and has 48 hours to respond. If no response is received, random.org will select another winner. No P.O. boxes, contest is open to U.S. residents only.
* Disclosure: Thanks to The Motherhood and Lawry’s, I was provided with ingredients to make my recipe. I was also compensated for my time and efforts to share my experience. All opinions are 100% mine.