Yesterday, I participated in a #PerfectPairing event for Frito Lay with other Orlando mom bloggers. We each paired Tostitos, Fritos and/or Classic Lays potato chips with our favorite homemade dips.
Here we are displaying the delicious Frito Lay chips we enjoyed with our dips.
This party was a lot of fun! I mean, who doesn’t like to eat chips and dip while chatting with friends? My favorite chips were the multigrain Tostitos and Tostitos multigrain scoops. Not only do they taste amazing, but they have 0 trans fat, are additive free, lactose free, and MSG free! They also paired perfectly with the pico de gallo (diced tomatoes, onions, cilantro with lime juice) that I brought. The scoops allowed a lot more healthy pico de gallo to be shoveled into my mouth at once!
The other dip I made was Weight Watchers Horseradish-Bacon dip (see recipe below) and it paired perfectly with Classic Lays. Did you know Classic Lays have no trans fat, contain no additives and are gluten free? Also, they contain only potatoes, natural oils and salt. They are not high in sodium either, a 1 oz serving contains less than 1/12th of a teaspoon of salt! This is one bag of chips you won’t feel guilty reaching for.
If you like horseradish and bacon, then this dip will be a hit. It is easy to make and on the healthier side since reduced fat and calorie ingredients are used.
- 4 slice(s) uncooked turkey bacon
- 3/4 cup(s) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup(s) reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 2 TBSP store-bought horseradish
- 1/4 tsp table salt (I omitted this)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 5 TBSP fresh, diced scallions
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Cook bacon, turning occasionally, until lightly browned and crisp, about 5 to 6 minutes. Drain bacon on paper towels and then tear or chop into small pieces; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together sour cream, mayonnaise, horseradish, salt and pepper until blended. Stir in all but 1 tablespoon each bacon and scallion (reserve for garnish). Transfer dip to a small serving bowl; cover and refrigerate at least 15 minutes for flavors to blend.
- Garnish dip with remaining tablespoon each bacon and scallion. Yields about 1 1/2 tablespoons dip per serving.
* Disclosure: Thanks to The Motherhood and Frito Lay, I was provided with chips and ingredients to make my recipe. I was also compensated for my time and efforts to share my experience. All opinions are 100% mine.