Contest is closed. Congratulations to Angie (comment #14).
I was thrilled when a package of seedpower body care products arrived. I am accustomed to receiving kid products for review, so it was finally my chance to be pampered!
I first learned about seed through a contest I entered for a sponsorship to BlogHer ’10. I immediately connected with this family after reading their story. In the process of ridding their home of chemicals and focusing more on the environment, they decided to launch a 100% natural brand of personal care products.
They already knew the health benefits of wine and the idea of using the natural byproducts of wine-making fit perfectly with their environmental awareness. They began working with a microbiologist and confirmed real scientific benefits: grape seeds are intrinsically concentrated with antioxidants and essential fatty acids promoting healthy skin.
What an amazing journey this family has had! I know you’re probably thinking their story sounds neat, but how are the products?
Here are my thoughts on the products I sampled:
- Lathering Shampoo Bar (Invigorating Citrus Thyme): My hair is thick so I was concerned how this would work. I had never tried a shampoo bar, but was amazed at how well it lathered and rinsed clean. Per seed’s recommendation, I followed-up with my regular conditioner since my hair tangles easily. My scalp and hair felt clean and healthy.
- Moisturizing Body Soap (Invigorating Citrus Thyme): This soap is lovely. The gently exfoliating bar feels amazing on skin, I felt refreshed and revitalized. As recommended, I followed-up with my seed body lotion.
- Nourishing Body Lotion: I sampled the Invigorating Citrus Thyme, Restful Lavender Sage (my personal favorite) as well as Unscented. This lotion does not leave you skin feeling oily or greasy, instead luxurious and soft. It absorbs quickly and leaves skin looking and feeling healthy. I personally love the scented lotions, they are not overpowering whatsoever.
Some additional exciting information about seed products:
- paraben free
- phthalate free
- no synthetic preservatives
- no petro chemicals
- no artificial colors
- no animal ingredients
- not tested on animals
You can also learn more about seed on their YouTube channel.
If you would like to try seed products (which I highly recommend), you can purchase online at the seed store on Alice.com, Amazon.com, and/or Drugstore.com. You can also find seed products at ShopRite and in select Whole Foods Markets. Their prices are very reasonable so pamper yourself!
Mandatory entry: Tell me why your hands need seed healthy hand cream or nourishing body lotion!
For additional entries, do the following but leave a separate comment for each (this will allow you additional chances to win).
- “Like” The Unemployed Mom’s Facebook Fan Page. If you’re already a fan, thank you very much! Just list your name below and indicate that you are.
- “Like” seedpower on Facebook and let them know The Unemployed Mom sent you. If you are already a fan, just indicate that in your comment.
- Follow @Unemployed_Mom on twitter and retweet this contest (you can use the convenient green retweet button). You can do this once per day, just make sure to leave your tweet link as a comment daily.
- Follow @seedpower on twitter. Let them know I encouraged you to follow them.
- Subscribe to The Unemployed Mom’s RSS feed and let me know you have. Already a subscriber, thank you. Just indicate that you are in the comments.
- Subscribe to The Unemployed Mom’s via email. Am I already in your inbox? If so, just indicate this in the comments.
Random.org will select a winner on February 11, 2011. U.S. residents only. Note: the prize cannot be shipped to a P.O. box. Winner will be contacted via email and has 48 hours to respond. If no response is received, random.org will select another winner.
* All items were received for review; however the opinions expressed are indeed my own.