Contest is closed. Congratulations to Danielle (comment #31) and Jennifer (comment #36).
I attended a #WendysPick2 event in Orlando, Florida today with other local bloggers (MySentimentExactLee, TheSuburbanMom, MommyNamedApril, MammaMia!, FromTracie, and AwesomeAngie just to name a few). It was a great avenue for meeting new friends while checking out Wendy’s new Pick 2 menu. I have always been a fan of Wendy’s value menu, my personal favorites are the chili, baked potatoes and of course, the Frostys!
The Wendy’s Pick 2 menu for $4.99 allows you to choose a half-sized version of one of their new Garden Sensation salads:
- Apple Pecan Chicken Salad: Peak-season red and green apples, real blue cheese crumbles, sweet cranberries and roasted pecans, topped with warm grilled chicken
- Baja Salad: A hearty Southwestern salad that features fresh pico de gallo, guacamole and Wendy’s original chili, all topped with a red jalapeno dressing
- Spicy Chicken Caesar Salad: Hand-chopped Romaine lettuce and sweet grape tomatoes topped with shaved Asiago cheese and warm spicy chicken
- BLT Cobb Salad: Crispy Applewood Smoked Bacon, real blue cheese crumbles, hard-boiled eggs, tomatoes and an avocado ranch dressing
Pair your half salad selection with one of the following menu items:
- Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger
- Baked Potato
- Grilled or spicy homestyle chicken Go Wrap
- Dasani bottled water
- Small Frosty
- Small beverage
Today, I ventured outside of my usual Wendy’s favorites and tried the Spicy Chicken Caesar Salad paired with a Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger. Since I am a water drinker (and frugal), I opted for a complimentary cup of H20.
I was impressed with the quality of my salad, it was quite tasty! The lemon garlic caesar dressing was delicious as well as the gourmet croutons (my son stole most of those)! My Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger was yummy. I am not usually a fan of fast food hamburgers, but do enjoy Wendy’s square burgers and fresh toppings.
Below are photos from the Wendy’s Pick 2 event in Orlando, Florida (click to enlarge):
Do you want to try the new pick 2 menu? Two lucky winners will each receive a $7 gift card to redeem at their local Wendy’s. MANDATORY ENTRY: Tell me what combination you would select.
For additional entries, do the following but leave a separate comment for each (this will allow you additional chances to win).
- “Like” The Unemployed Mom’s Facebook Fan Page. If you’re already a fan, thank you very much! Just list your name below and indicate that you are.
- “Like” Wendy’s on Facebook.
- Follow @Unemployed_Mom and @Wendys on twitter and retweet this contest (you can use the convenient green retweet button).
- Subscribe to The Unemployed Mom’s RSS feed and let me know you have. Already a subscriber, thank you. Just indicate that you are in the comments.
Random.org will select a winner on October 29, 2010. U.S. residents only. Winner will be contacted via email and has 48 hours to respond. If no response is received, random.org will select another winner.
* Disclosure: Thanks to The Motherhood and Wendy’s I was provided free lunch in Orlando, Florida at their Turkey Lake Road location. I was also compensated for my time to attend the event and share my Pick 2 experience. All opinions are 100% mine.