This contest is closed. Congratulations to Jackie!
I do not like to willingly bring dangerous chemicals into my home. Despite the fact I have used harsh cleaning products in the past, I now know they are not safe or necessary. Too many companies use brand messaging to make people think their unhealthy products are fine to use, but we must be smarter consumers. There are safer options for our families and for the environment.
With that said, I had the privilege to test 7 full size samples from Simple Green Naturals household cleaning products made from 100% naturally derived ingredients. Prior to receiving the shipment, I had never used Simple Green products. Once my box arrived, I was eager to start cleaning and reviewing. Here is a little background information on the naturals line:
- 100% natural ingredient sources
- Biodegradable formulation
- Never tested on animals
- Full ingredient disclosure
- Internationally scientifically-accepted ingredient names
- Natural scents are IFRA compliant and made of 100% natural essential oils and plant extracts.
- 100% recyclable PETE plastic bottles with 25% + post-consumer content, printed with soy inks
- Natural versus naturally derived (learn more here)
Below is my review of each bottle as well as some important product information.
Dish Washing Liquid: The fresh squeezed citrus smell is light and lovely. This liquid suds up nicely and easily cut through tough grease left in my frying pan from Buffalo Burgers. Best of all, it is not harsh on my skin like other dish washing liquids I have used, it is extremely gentle. Hands down, this will be a regular dish washing liquid that I use going forward. I hope Simple Green creates a similar product for the dish washer.
Liquid Hand Soap: The scent of this soap is herb garden and it smells incredible. Best of all, it is effective and does not strip the skin of natural oils! I keep this liquid hand soap sitting on my kitchen counter and use it constantly to clean my hands. In all honesty, my hands have not been dried out and cracked since using this soap. The product I “used to use” contained an antibacterial components which kept my hands dry and cracked. Needless to say, that “other” brand will not be purchased again!
Multi-Surface Care: Another great smelling product that is effective at cleaning hard surfaces such as counter-tops, tables, walls, fixtures and appliances. This product is easy to use, just spray and wipe with a clean damp sponge, cloth or microfiber. Another great plus is that this product is green seal certified!
Bathroom Cleaner: Finally a safe bathroom cleaner that is designed for use on soils such as water borne minerals and soap scum that are commonly found in the tub, toilet and sink. The product is easy to use and contains no harsh chemicals. Simply spray, mop or wipe onto a surface and scrub if necessary. The scent is rosemary mint and leaves your bathroom looking and smelling fresh and clean! This product is also green seal certified.
Glass & Surface Care: This glass and surface spray works well without the use of ammonia or alcohol! I have a glass top desk that my son touches constantly so this glass spray is used regularly. It is extremely effective. I also love that it is also rosemary mint scent so when I clean the bathroom mirror, it blends with the bathroom cleaner scent. This is another green seal certified product.
Floor Care: This is a convenient product to use after meals to clean up the food my toddler dropped on the tile. This is a safe and effective cleanser for laminate, porcelain tile, slate, finished wood, linoleum and more. This product is easy to use. Just spray onto sections of the floor and damp mop up, or wipe up with a microfiber pad. This product leaves your floors smelling great and incredibly clean! This is another green seal certified product.
Carpet Cleaner: My house does not have carpet so my husband used this to clean the carpet inside our sports utility vehicle. There were black marks from my son’s stroller wheels and this product worked like a charm to remove the stains. The website also states it “is a very effective and easy to use product for spot cleaning all colorfast and washable carpet, rugs and upholstery. This product is easy to use and fast acting”. My husband gave it two thumbs up and said it worked very well.
I am very pleased with Simple Greens Naturals products. They have all worked very well and I recommend them. The scents are incredible but please note, they are subtle and not overbearing whatsoever. I cannot stand opening a door and being knocked down by fumes. You do not have to worry about strong smells with Simple Green Naturals.
Want to win the products I just reviewed? Simple Green is going to give one lucky reader 7 FULL SIZE bottles to try! Just leave a comment telling me which product you are most excited about trying and why.
For additional entries, do the following but leave separate comments letting me know (this will allow you additional chances to win).
- “Like” The Unemployed Mom’s Facebook Fan Page. If you’re already a fan, thank you very much! Just list your name below and indicate that you are.
- Post this giveaway as your facebook status and encourage your friends to enter.
- Comment on another post at The Unemployed Mom then let me know you did in the comments section of this blog.
- Follow @Unemployed_Mom on twitter and retweet this contest (you can use the convenient green retweet button).
- Follow @simplegreennews on twitter.
- Subscribe to The Unemployed Mom’s RSS feed and let me know you have. Already a subscriber, thank you. Just indicate that you are in the comments.
- Have a Blog? Follow The Unemployed Mom and leave a comment that you are a follower.
- Have a Blog? Blog about this contest and leave the url of your post. This is worth 5 extra entries. Make sure you leave 5 separate comments. (example “blogged extra entry #1”, “blogged extra entry #2”, “blogged extra entry #3”, etc.).
- Have a blog? Add The Unemployed Mom to your blog roll and let me know you did. This is worth 3 extra entries! Make sure you leave 3 separate comments. (example “blog roll extra entry #1”, “blog roll extra entry #2”, “blog roll extra entry #3”, etc.).
The winner will receive:
- One 32 oz. bottle of Simple Green Naturals Multi-Surface Care
- One 24 oz. bottle of Simple Green Naturals Bathroom Cleaner
- One 24 oz. bottle of Simple Green Naturals Carpet Care
- One 32 oz. bottle of Simple Green Naturals Glass & Surface Care
- One 16 oz. bottle of Simple Green Naturals Dish Washing Liquid
- One 24 oz. bottle of Simple Green Naturals Floor Care
- One 16 oz. bottle of Simple Green Naturals Liquid Hand Soap
Random.org will select a winner on June 18, 2010. U.S. residents only. Winner will be contacted via email and has 48 hours to respond. If no response is received, random.org will select another winner.
Good luck! These products retail for around $3.99 each and in my opinion are worth it.
Simple Green Naturals samples were received for review; however, the opinions expressed are my own.