Today concludes day 29 of my 30 day shred challenge. The reason I am posting a day early is because I have a flight to catch tomorrow morning and I have no intention of waking up early to exercise. My main focus will be on my toddler and making sure he is settled and calm. To make up for missing tomorrow, I did back-to-back sessions of Level 1, 2 and 3 today (and OMG am I feeling sore)!
In 29 days, I have lost 8 pounds and 17.5 inches from my body! I am impressed with how this program has toned my arms and legs. I still have a lot of work to do and consider this the beginning of my journey. Below are my measurements broken down by inches lost (I wish I would have taken additional measurements because everything on my body has shrunk).
- Chest: -3 inches
- Waist: -5 inches
- Hips: -2.5 inches
- Inner Thighs: -3 inches (lost 1.5 inches from each inner thigh)
- Biceps: -4 inches (lost 2 inches from each arm)
I have more weight to lose and will continue to use Jillian Michaels’ videos, but I am overall impressed with the outcome. Please keep in mind, I have also been following Weight Watchers and using additional work out videos. In my opinion, these items have also helped with my weight loss and muscle gain.
If you are interested, below is my detailed exercise journal for the past 29 days.
- Day 1: Walked for 30 minutes, started Weight Watchers online (the dreaded first weigh-in and measurements)! But, this is my starting point so I can look back and see my progress.
- Day 2: Level 1 of the 30 Day Shred definitely got my heart racing. I was surprised at how sweaty I was. I stuck with Anita for the girl push-ups, not ready for real ones yet.
- Day 3: Levels 1 & 2 of 30 Day Shred. I felt energized today and completed Levels 1 & 2 back-to-back. WOW! Level 2 is really intense with tons of plank work. I found myself struggling to keep up with some of the cardio circuits. I swear I lost a gallon of sweat! I took a 45 minute walk in the evening to stretch out my legs.
- Day 4: OUCH! I didn’t realize how sore I was until I started the level 1 video. OMG, it was tough to get through the first 10 minutes (especially the pushup strength circuit). I’m not sure exactly what I was thinking yesterday doing levels 1 & 2. As the day progresses, I’m getting stiffer and more sore! Walked for 25 minutes in the evening to try and stretch out my leg muscles.
- Day 5: Woke up very sore but focused. Feeling tight in all my trouble zones. Completed levels 1 & 2 back to back and am exhausted. Love the plank work in level 2, it really gets my heart racing and sweat pouring. I am a bit worried at what level 3 will bring (and too scared to preview it).
- Day 6: Level 1 video (push ups were tough today) but the rest is getting easier. Decided to do the Tae-Bo Total Body Fat Blaster video as well (afterwards, was very weak and felt fatigue). Lots of aches inside my badonkadonk!!!
- Day 7: Level 2 video and TONS of sweat!
- Day 8: Level 1 with real pushups (ouch). What an accomplishment though, no more girl pushups! Afterwards, I completed Tae-Bo Total Body Fat Blaster video then found some Pilates exercises on YouTube to work on my trouble zones.
- Day 9: Level 2 was very difficult today (pendulum swing lunge and presses really felt uncomfortable, I was afraid I’d twist a knee but stuck with it). The plank exercises are intense again today! I am very sore! In the evening, I walked around Epcot for 90 minutes (I must have burned extra calories too since it was 100 degrees outside).
- Day 10: Completed Level 2 today and felt good.
- Day 11: Level 2 pendulum swing lunges are still tough for my knees. Getting much stronger with the plank exercises. Afterwards, I had a ton of energy so I completed the Tae-Bo Total Body Fat Blaster video as well as Baron Baptiste Power Yoga for Back and Stomach. I felt I needed a great stretch and Power Yoga provided that.
- Day 12: Completed Level 1 today, feeling tired from all the exercising yesterday.
- Day 13: Skipped today, but was very active outside with my family.
- Day 14: Skipped again today, but again was active outside and in the pool.
- Day 15: Level 2 (progressed to 3 lb water bottles in each arm (OUCH). I could feel the burn! Knees hurt today.
- Day 16: Today I did the Level 3 video and OMG! It was intense, I couldn’t keep up with the pace but I did not quit!
- Day 17: Level 1 and Level 2 (VERY SWEATY)!! Took measurements today….impressed with outcome! Holy cow, have I really lost that many inches in 2 weeks?
- Day 18: Lots of energy today, very motivated after my measurements yesterday. Completed Level 2 (felt good, but sweaty afterwards) So energized that I also did a 50 Minute video (Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism by Jillian Michaels). Still had more energy and scrubbed my bathroom from top to bottom.
- Day 19: Woke up with so much energy and very hungry. Completed level 2. After my workout, I had sweat dripping off my nose! The cardio in level 2 is much harder than level 1. It really gets my heart rate up! Afterwards, I completed Baron Baptiste Unlocking Athletic Power (power vinyasa yoga) to get a good stretch on my tight muscles. It helped tremendously!
- Day 20: Level 3 (OMG, the cardio is much more intense in this level)! Very sweaty! Those freaking jumps are killers!
- Day 21: I didn’t shred today since it was Father’s Day. Instead I enjoyed the day with my family and played in the pool.
- Day 22: Levels 1 & 2 back to back, sweat dripping off my face! Feeling much stronger with all the moves in these 2 levels.
- Day 23: Level 3, the jump training is difficult. I can only do traveling pushups girl style (otherwise, I don’t feel like I’m going down far enough to feel the burn). Afterwards, I completed the 50 Minute video (Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, Jillian Michaels). This was HARD today! OMG. I wanted to stop, but I kept thinking about shopping last night and how I fit in one jean size smaller!!! That kept me motivated. This video kicked my butt!
- Day 24: Completed Level 3 and wanted more, so I did the Level 1 video and made the cardio more advanced with moves from Level 3.
- Day 25: Completed Level 3 then needed a good stretch and opted for Baron Baptiste Unlocking Athletic Power Yoga. I still had so much energy and did Jillian Michaels’ Banish Fat Boost Metabolism circuit training. Needless to say, she kicked my butt!
- Day 26: Completed Level 3, my lower back is really starting to ache (I think it’s from the Super Man exercises).
- Day 27: Completed Level 3 and walked for miles shopping today. Still having lower back aches.
- Day 28: Walked a lot shopping again today and tons of housework getting ready for my upcoming trip.
- Day 29: Today I think I lost my mind. I completed Levels 1, 2 and 3 back-to-back!!! My arms feel very fatigued.
Are you trying to lose weight or tone your body? If so, I highly recommend this program!! I caution everyone to pay close attention to form though, it is very easy to tweak a knee or your back! I think this would be a great 30 day workout for someone who has hit a plateau. I am impressed with my results and plan to stick with it!
Thanks for stopping by The Unemployed Mom! Now, I am on vacation!!
You can also read my product review on eBay!