Below are a few of my confessions as a Stay at Home Mom (SAHM):
- I am guilty of sometimes placing my son in his Rainforest jumperoo positioned perfectly in front of the television so I can have a few minutes to myself.
- There have been days when my son was so fussy that I have emailed my husband at work and begged him to trade places with me. These are the days that I remind myself it is 5:00 somewhere and perhaps a glass of wine wouldn’t be a bad idea.
- I wasn’t too sad when my son went on a nursing strike at 9 months. I was completely terrified the piranha was going to bite a chunk out of me!
- I do not always use my son’s nap time to get work done. I will admit, there are days I spend the two hour chunk of time in my pool or surfing the net.
- I have answered the door in my pajamas on more than one occasion in the late afternoon hours.
- I sometimes leave the “Do Not Ring Doorbell, Baby is Sleeping” sign on my door all day long so neighbors will leave me alone.
- I am guilty of screening calls and then using some sort of baby related excuse when I call the person back.
- I only wash my hair twice per week (but I do shower every day). It takes me an hour to dry and style my hair and I cannot be high maintenance with a toddler. Baby powder works wonders for greasy hair!
- There are days that I really get bored with staying at home. We downsized to one car after my layoff and I literally have no transportation during the day. My errands are run on the weekends or in the evenings. My husband doesn’t understand why I get so excited about going to the grocery store and leaving him on baby duty.
- I get jealous when my husband calls on his lunch break and tells me where he is eating. There are some days that I don’t even eat lunch because the baby has me preoccupied. Perhaps that is why take out is always so appealing for dinner?
What confessions do you have as a Stay At Home Mom?
Thanks for dropping by The Unemployed Mom! I’m sure I’ll have future confession blogs as my son grows older.