I finally understand how the Subway diet works, the bacterial filled subs make you so ill that you cannot even think about taking another bite of food for days. My bad experience happened on Saturday when I devoured a 12 inch spicy italian sub (not exactly from the low fat menu) from Subway in the Lake Hart Shopping Center in Orlando, Florida. I woke up in the middle of the night feeling pretty nasty, but didn’t put too much thought into it. As Sunday progressed, I kept feeling worse and worse. By 8 pm Sunday night, I was aching from my teeth all the way down to my toes and had the worst stomach pains. I am feeling better today, but still have some body aches and queasiness going on.
To my surprise, I quickly googled “Subway Food Poisoning” and it appears this is pretty common. Gross!
I requested my sub toasted, so I’m thinking the heat killed any bacteria on the meat. Perhaps the toppings are where the bacteria was transferred (who knows how frequently they change out the toppings, the lettuce and tomatoes probably had e. coli and/or salmonella).
The only positive is perhaps this experience will help me shed a few of my unwanted pounds! I’m definitely not interested in eating there ever again. It’s a shame, I have always been a Subway fan until now.
What restaurant made you so ill that you will never step foot into it again? Thanks for stopping by, hopefully The Unemployed Mom will be feeling better tomorrow and will have a more positive topic of discussion.